Thursday, May 8, 2014

Sunflower Power

Sunflowers are in bloom again along the long stretch of University Avenue at the University of the Philippines-Diliman!  What a joy to see people getting off their cars and happily taking pictures of and with the flowers (yep-that includes me--of course).

Along University Avenue-UP Diliman
My pink bike amidst the yellow flowers :)
The sunflower has become a tradition in UP-Diliman which is reported to have started sometime in the late 70s or early 80s.  The sunflowers are planted every summer and is timed to bloom for the annual graduation ceremony.



For non-UP alumni like me, it has become the symbol of summertime.  For years, I have never missed visiting UP to get a glimpse and a few shots of these beautiful flowers.



I do hope they keep it that way. :) (And yeah, shame on those who steal those flowers/plants).




No comments:

Post a Comment