Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Mayon Volcano- The Beautiful One

Derived from the word Magayon, which is beautiful in Bicol dialect, Mayon lives up to its name.  Being the most perfectly formed volcano, it is easily one of the most beautiful  volcano because of its symmetrical cone.  Tourists flock to the province of Albay to see it.  






It is as dangerous, as it is beautiful. Mayon is the most active volcano in the Philippines and can be very destructive.  Many tourists come to see Mayon- but more tourists come during eruptions.  It is a sight to behold during eruptions, specially during night time where you will see the glowing lava rolling down its perfect slope. 



I used to wake up to it during my 4 year stay in Albay- and it never failed to give me the feeling of awe. The very same feeling I had when I saw it once again during my recent trip to Bicol. One beautiful reminder of how magayon life is. 



No comments:

Post a Comment