Monday, March 6, 2017

My (Other) Travel Essentials

 Aside from my OOTDs, toiletries and mobile phone, here are the items I cannot do without when I travel: 

1.I keep the outer pocket of my hand carried bag secured and safe through a nylon cable tie. I got this idea online and since then, I always use it to protect myself from (possible) airport scams. 



2. Immigration forms are normally handed and filled up on board- that's why a pen is a must. During my first travels, I have always forgotten to bring one and I had to inconvenience my co-passenger or the flight attendant when I I had to borrow or ask from them. 

3. I always bring wet wipes in my carry on bag.  It is non-liquid yet it helps to clean up any mess. I also use it to freshen up before the plane touches down.   

4.  Liquids, gels, creams and pastes are allowed in the carry on bag , provided they are 3.4 ounces or less.  Placing them inside a transparent, resealable bag makes it easier to separate them from the carry on, for faster security screening. 



5. To seal food container or prevent spills from shampoo bottles and other bottled liquids, I make sure I have duct tape.  It is also useful to fix or put luggage together, in case it gets broken or torn.  

6. I follow fellow travelers' advise to roll clothes to save on luggage space.  Rubber bands help put my rolled clothes in place. 
7.  Aside from being a fashion accessory, a shawl can be used as a blanket when it gets chilly on the plane.  This is pretty useful specially when travelling on budget airlines- as they do not usually provide blankets. 


8. To be able to charge my mobile phone and other gadgets, I make sure that I have the right power plug adapter.  I use this site  to check the type of electric socket available in the country I am visiting. 

9.  Not all hotels have doors which are double locked so I always take a door stopper with me.  It makes me feel safer. 



10. And, since I collect wine,   bubble wrap helps prevent breakage so that the wine reaches home, in one piece. 




No comments:

Post a Comment