Friday, July 31, 2015

Ta Phrom, the Jungle Temple

Now more associated with Angelina Jolie (Lara Croft) and Tomb Raider (which was shoot there), Ta Phrom is the temple which would give visitors an out-of-this world feeling. 




Giant trees co-exist with the ancient temple of Ta Phrom. The temple and the trees merged to form one beautiful jungle temple, as if the roots are hugging the crumbling temple to keep it up. With the trees and temple as one, it is hard to imagine one without the other. It left me speechless.The temple, surrounded by a jungle, was built in honour of the King's mother- now, the 300 year old trees, a fitting tribute to her. It left me speechless.







I could not stop clicking my iphone camera.   I wish  brother and my photography friends were with me- we would hve spent the whole day shooting all the nooks and cranny of the temple. Or maybe,if my high school friends were with me, we would have spent a lot of time playing Lara Croft. :)

The "tomb raiders" taking their selfies

I wish i dressed up as Lara Croft!

Me and my travel buddies-- happily concluding our Angkor Wat adventure



No comments:

Post a Comment