Saturday, July 15, 2017

Novotel, the Green Initiative and a Free Staycation

So…sometimes, I do get lucky!  I subscribed to Novotel-Araneta Facebook page to watch out for their promos.  Sometime in May, they posted about their Green Star contest where they gave information about some of their Earth Day initiatives or programs to protect and conserve the resources of Mother Earth, and participants to the contest were to vote for the best one.  Participants will then post their answer the question “How can you get involved with Novotel Manila Araneta Center’s commitment towards positive hospitality?” in the comment section.  Novotel will then select qualified answers and raffle them off.  

Novotel-Araneta, Manila

I was impressed with and voted for their HealthyNSustainable initiative where Novotel’s own El Dorado Farm in San Mateo, Rizal grows organic fruits, vegetables and herbs which they serve in the hotel restaurant.  The scraps from the fruits, vegetables and herbs are also used for their cocktail infusions, which results to less wastage. Under this initiative, they also do knowledge sharing by conducting workshops in the community on sustainability, and they campaign to their guests through inspiration boards in their hotel, to make a conscious choice on sustainable food and drinks.

And I won :).  I got a message in FB messenger informing me that I won an overnight stay in a Superior Room. I booked myself, mom and brother for July 15.




The hotel is very nice- not because it is free :) but because it is very new and because of its cleanliness, modern design and coziness.  The room size is just right and the bed and small sofa very comfortable.  The toiletries are sugar-cane based and smell really good. 


By the pool side
Breakfast is buffet and though there were lesser selection compared to 5 star hotels, the food is still ample.  My favorite would be the mixed fresh fruit juice- very yummy and very healthy! I finished around 5 bottles.

Thank you, Novotel-Araneta and kudos to your HealthyNSustainable initiative!

Book your stay at the Novotel website .


No comments:

Post a Comment