Sunday, September 22, 2013

Cabbages and Condoms

"Oh by the way, I had dinner at Cabbages and Condoms", one of my friends told me. Cabbages and what?! Yes, I heard right. And no, it was not any of those sleazy places in Bangkok.

Cabbages and Condoms is a restaurant owned by a non-government organization (Population and Community Development Association). The restaurant both aims to provide financial support for the programs implemented by PDA as well as promotes the use of condoms for family planning. 

A very unique restaurant, C and C is artistically decorated with condoms, such as this:
Dressed in colorful condoms.
Walls, trees and lamps are likewise bedecked with..of course..condoms.

There are air conditioned rooms, but we opted to sit in the open air area when we visited. They serve mostly Thai food and I specially enjoyed #76 Pla Ka Pong Nueng Ma Nao (or steamed whole sea bass with chilli, lemons and vegetales). Complete set of menu, including prices (in Thai Baht) can be found in this link.

With my friends Rino, Fer and the yummy sea bass...

To support a good cause and for a good dinner, I will recommend Cabbages and Condoms any time. 

But hey, they do not give out free after-dinner mints.. only after-dinner condoms.


Cabbages and Condoms is located at 10 Sukhumvit Soi 12, Bangkok.


No comments:

Post a Comment