Tuesday, April 1, 2014

My birthday!

I do love celebrating birthdays... No matter if it means I am another year older.  It is ,on one hand, a time for celebration, for all the blessings received- deserved or otherwise.  On the other hand, it is an excuse to re-think about where we want to be and whether we are veering in the right direction.

This year, I have the chance to celebrate with my family and friends. Unlike last year, when I spent my birthday on a long flight to London, with the Heathrow immigration officer being the first to give me a birthday greeting.

I just want to take this chance to thank the One above for looking after me, making sure I am safe when I am on travel or when I am home, for taking care of the people who are dear to me, and for giving me all the people around me.  I am also grateful for the challenges, which made me realize whether I am still on the right track or not, and which made me stronger and braver. 


Yesterday was my birthday, and I was, and am, grateful for all the countless happy moments- big or small. And well, I did love the red roses and balloons too.


No comments:

Post a Comment