Thursday, August 27, 2015

USA Day 3- B: Kà by Cirque du Soleil

A visit to Las Vegas will not be complete without watching their famous shows. I have always wanted to watch a Cirque du Soleil show - my friends were all raving about them when they went on tour to the Philippines. There are 8 Cirque du Soleil shows playing all year round in Las Vegas, but then there's also the David Copperfield magic show and ...the Chippendales  :).

I cannot contain my excitement when my friend surprised me with a ticket to Ka, a  Cirque du Soleil show playing at MGM Grand Las Vegas. It's one dream coming true.





After our Red Rock Canyon trip, we had early dinner then we headed to the hotel to dress up for the show.  Then we were off to see my very first Las Vegas show.

All set for the show! Let's go!

Off to MGM! Weeeee!

There were already people waiting to enter the theater when we reached MGM.  I bet I was the most excited of all- having travelled all the way from the Philippines to watch a Las Vegas show.  




When the theater opened, guests were greeted, and seated, by the actors of Kà. The actors also did some flips and stunts and leaps from the left and right side of the stage into the audience, in an attempt to scare them (us). Too bad, take pictures were not allowed during the show.  I was able to take a picture of the very elaborate stage before the performance started , though. It looked lavish.



 , which features some 80 actors and actresses, is the story of "the coming of age of a young man and a young woman through their encounters with love, conflict and the duality of , the fire that can unite or separate, destroy or illuminate." I could not concentrate on the story, however, because I was too amazed with all the jaw-dropping acrobatics, pryotechnics, special effects and the costumes. I particularly liked how they used the 2 moving platforms and lifts, which re-configures the stage every time they move them. The shadow play was also a favorite.




An experience I will never forget.  I love Cirque! 









No comments:

Post a Comment