Sunday, September 20, 2015

Day 10: Falling in love with science at the San Francisco Exploratorium

The moment I stepped into the Exploratorium, I knew this will be something I would save for, for my nephew and niece to experience someday. The more than 1,000 interactive exhibits brought back my excitement over science once again.  Mary and I were back to our childhood and were ready to explore!
Snoozing while waiting for the museum to open
The Exploratorium has several galleries , to indulge our senses. My favorite gallery is the Human Phenomena Gallery, which is located close to the entrance. The experiments allow you investigate and find out more about your feelings, memory, behaviour and personality. It would have been cool if we had them in our psychology classes before!  Another favorite is the Light and Sound gallery where you get to play around with your shadow or high five with upside-down hologram-like image. There is also the the Tinkering gallery where visitors can do experiments on electricity, magnetism and the likes. Here you will also find the 100,000 toothpick sculpture which shows the different San Francisco landmarks. The Living Systems gallery is about learning about the different livings things, once again- just like in grade school and high school- only better.  Then there is also the Bay Observatory Gallery and the Outdoor Gallery.






A happy day for my nerdy self.  Science rocks! Yeah baby! 




No comments:

Post a Comment