Tuesday, September 15, 2015

USA Day 7: Napa Valley High


I have always loved vineyards, country home on a rolling hill, gourmet cheese and wine. That's why I got such a high when we went to  Napa Valley.  It is everything I wanted a place to be. 

At the "Welcome to Napa Valley" sign...I was there! :)


Napa valley is a famous wine-producing region and we drove through vast vineyards. They have just planted grapes when we visited- which was too bad because I would have loved to see grapes hanging down from the vines.






Despite the grape vines not having grown yet, they still make for a very scenic landscape. Plus,  the wine train with vineyards on the background looked very romantic- just like the windmills. 






We went to the V. Sattui winery, which has been around for 125 years and whose wines are only available in their winery and not anywhere else. They have rustic Italian buildings and a beautiful, grassy picnic ground. It was busy during the time of our visit, with groups of people coming for wine tasting.  
.  






The store is more crowded - there were many of us looking for, not just wines and grape juice, but also delis, gourmet cheese, crackers, and salad dressings. Gina got me a raspberry flavored cheese and Mary also got me a bottle of Chardonnay (thanks , girls!). 







After a quick picnic at the garden, we headed to Castello di Amorosa, another winery owned by Sattui. The Italian castle on top of a hill would make you feel like you are in the medieval time. 






What can I say but..I love you Napa Valley!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment