Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Day5a- The Golden Gate

Being one of the well known American landmarks, the Golden Gate Bridge is, by default, the first stop of first time visitors in San Francisco.  The Golden Gate Bridge, with 746 feet tall towers, is said to be one of the longest suspension bridge in the world. The cables supporting it are the biggest I have seen at 92.4 cm diameter.I have always thought its color was red  (and it did look red to me)  but they say that it is actually International Orange.  
The Golden Gate

Biking by the bridge on a foggy day

The 92,4 cm in diameter cable
As I child, I have once wished to be able to walk that bridge. I have seen it in American books and in several movies. I have seen it in postcards sent by relatives living in the US.  I have seen it in the pictures of   some friends whose families could afford to travel outside the country. I have promised myself, I will have a picture with the Golden Gate behind me someday. And I had not one, but tons of pictures, together  with my friends at the bridge pavilion and by the bridge.





What better way to fulfill a dream, than being in it with your best friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment